People are starting to become more aware and conscious of using clean and healthy products. This does not just include body products and foods, but also common household objects. Whatever it is, it’s important to know what exactly is in the products you use. Many items contain hidden toxins or materials and ingredients that are harmful to your health.
Let’s take candles, for example. People are obsessed with them, and we can pretty much guarantee that every household has at least one on hand at all times. But not all candles are created equal, which we will discuss later. Almost any wax can be used to make candles, but there is one type in particular that is the best: coconut wax. Coconut oil is used to make coconut wax, which is one of the cleanest types of wax you can use for candles. Here are three things you need to know about coconut wax:
- It holds a scent better than other types of waxes (ideal for scented candles).
- It lasts much longer than other waxes due to a slower burn.
- It is the most environmentally-friendly wax available.
As you can see, coconut wax will get you the most bang for your buck while also allowing you to make a decision that won’t negatively impact the environment. Not only does it help the candle to smell purer and burn longer, but it is also great for the environment. Talk about a win-win!
Is Coconut Wax Better Than Other Candle Waxes?
Yes! Coconut wax is better than other types of candle waxes. The biggest reason is that it is cleaner and non-toxic. A great example is when you compare coconut wax candles to candles made of paraffin. Paraffin candles are extremely common because they are cheap to make. When you burn a paraffin candle, it releases soot (similar to that of a diesel engine).
There are so many candles that contain harmful ingredients such as parabens, talc, sulfates, and silicone. These things can be extremely dangerous for your health, and sometimes you don't even know they are hiding in your candles (or any other products, for that matter). You should always read the labels of anything you purchase in order to be fully aware of what is inside.
Some companies even use different names for the toxic ingredients so you do not know they are in there. Coconut wax burns in a clean way. If it is a well-made product, it will likely only contain coconut wax and fragrances. Coconut oil itself is clean and natural, meaning that coconut wax will not be harmful even when burning.
Of course, in general, you should try and limit any smoke inhalation from any source, but if you keep the candle on a table away from you, this should never be an issue. Smoke of any kind is not great for us to breathe in, but when it comes from a clean and non-toxic source, there is really no risk or cause for concern.
Is Coconut Wax Environmentally-Friendly?
Yes, coconut wax is environmentally-friendly. To make it, you have to extract coconut oil from the meat of a coconut. It then must be cleaned, filtered, and finally processed. The end result is a wax that is 100% biodegradable because you don’t need any artificial chemicals to make coconut wax candles.
Given the fact that the wax is so clean, it’s also non-greasy and ranges from clear to white in color. When the coconut wax is melted, this clean-burning wax has little to no impact on the environment, as it produces no harmful emissions. It also burns much longer than any other type of wax, so you’re helping out the environment and yourself with this kind of candle.
The coconut itself is a highly renewable crop. It grows quickly after being harvested. Coconut trees can grow on most types of land, and they do not need pesticides and fertilizers to grow quickly. Given the fact you do not need pesticides and fertilizers to grow the coconut used for the wax, most coconut waxes are non-GMO.
What Coconut Wax Candles Are Available?
Thankfully, here at Whom Home, we have a great assortment of candles made with coconut wax. We believe using coconut wax is a superior choice when it comes to candles. We do not believe in compromising on quality or cutting corners. Our candles are some of the highest quality candles on the market—they smell amazing, look incredibly chic, and do not contain toxic ingredients.
Each of our candles is made with natural coconut oil and is hand-crafted. The key with our candles is that they are completely clean—in fact, they have the cleanest burn available. Using coconut oil ensures the scent blends do not get covered up, and you can smell the pure scent of each candle. There’s nothing to cover up the gorgeous scented blend that you’ve chosen.
The candles come in chic wooden boxes with a shimmering hint of gold. We have five scents that are sure to become some of your favorites. No matter the mood you are in, we have a candle for that. Check out the scent profiles of each of our candles below.
- Candle No. 1 is our Mandarin & Jasmine candle. This is a softer scent that gives you hints of jasmine while the mandarin hits you with an energizing burst. It is perfect for lighting in the morning to help you wake up and start the day.
- Our candle No. 2 is scented with Tuberose & Gardenia. This is the perfect floral candle you have been searching for. It is not an overwhelming and overpowering scent that’s fresh and luxurious. The candle has a great blend of tuberose, gardenia, and orange blossoms, with notes of vanilla and musk. This is a good candle to burn when you are trying to relax—try it out the next time you take a bath!
- No. 3 is a Lily, Neroli, and Honeysuckle candle. This scent is very exotic and exciting, with a base of lilies, neroli, and honeysuckle paired with undertones of tonka bean and woods to create a scent that is truly unique. This would be a great candle to light for a romantic date night spent at home.
- Candle No. 4 is scented with Citrus & Mint. It is a fresh and clean scent that smells faintly of a tropical cocktail, with a hint of rhubarb as well. This is one of those candles you can burn all day long without getting tired of it. It works well for lighting when guests come over because it is a light and simple scent.
- Lastly, the No. 5 is a bright and cheery scent composed of Lime & Basil. This candle will remind you of walking through a spice market, as it contains a blend of peppermint, sage, and fennel. This is the best candle to light in the evening while you are winding down for the night or when you’re cooking up a storm in the kitchen.
Coconut wax is made from coconut oil, making it the perfect base for any candle. This clean wax not only allows the scent of your candle to shine through without any impurities, but it’s also great for the environment and burns longer. And because the wax is so clean, it doesn’t release soot when burned.
Most candles are made from paraffin or soy, both of which have their downsides. Paraffin releases soot that can be harmful to breathe in and is made as a result of crude oil refinement. Soy wax is made as a byproduct of the soybean industry, which relies heavily on pesticides and deforestation. Clearly, neither of these ingredients makes a great option for candles, but companies do it to cut corners and save money. This does not align with our brand values, which is why we choose coconut wax
Coconut wax candles are the best type of candles you can buy. Our Whom Home candles are the highest-quality and cleanest burning available. We use only the best and most premium fragrances and grade certified coconut oil to make the wax. That way, you know you are getting the finest candle out there.
You will never have to worry about sneaky ingredients that are harmful to your health because we have a standard of quality we uphold in all of our products. We offer five amazing and unique scents for our candles, ranging from floral to musky to crisp and bright. You are sure to find one you love and will want to burn all day long.